Friday 02-08-2019 - 10:08
Student Voice Representative
£450 Bursary split over 3 terms
Institute of Management & Health
Two roles available
We have 8 Student Voice Rep positions available for the year 2019/20; these are replacing our former ‘faculty rep’ positions.
- Attend training in Carmarthen
- Attend Institute Board meetings and speak on behalf of the students in your Institute. You must be prepared to travel to the meetings if they are not on your campus. The SU can help with this and cover public transport travel expenses or Lift Share with staff.
- Work alongside your counterpart to hold 1 Focus Group each term to collect feedback from students of specific themes or issues and submit the feedback to the SU in advance of the Institute Board meeting in order to enable the Students’ Union to submit a written report to each meeting.
- Attend at least 2 Pop Up Unions per month to engage students in discussion about their academic experience (1.5 hours per Pop Up; total of 3 hours per month)
- Meet with the Campus Presidents, Group President and Student Voice Coordinator at least 4 weeks before each Faculty Board to help create the main Faculty Board Report, and update on your progress or any academic related themes or issues that need attention.
- Attend Campus Council where possible to report on your findings and progress.
- Use social media, e-mails, online forums or vlogs to engage with off-campus students to make sure we are capturing the opinion of off-campus, distance and work-based students.
You can put yourself forward for this role by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org outlining the reasons why you’d like to be a Student Voice Rep, and some ideas you have for changes you’d like to see or methods you would use to improve engagement with students. Please set the subject of the e-mail as 'I want to be a Student Voice Rep'.
If you’re not sure which Institute you belong to, get in touch with Bea (email@example.com)
Want to know more? Read here