Place of Work
Y Llofft, Trinity Saint David Students' Union, Carmarthen Campus.
Top level of National Minimum wages £8.23 / hr
Hours of work
Monday – Friday 11 am - 3 pm (Flexible shift pattern)
This position is a fixed-term appointment from September 9th through to 31st May 2020 in the first instance. This may be extended subject to Trustee Board review of commercial performance.
How To Apply
Please send a current CV to email@example.com
Main Purpose of Post
Purpose To provide a friendly and efﬁcient service within the bar, dispensing orders accurately, with courtesy to our internal standards and those required by legislation. Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to restaurant menu, and following food health and safety procedures. Cook, clean, assist other cooks and staff, and deliver food in a fast-paced environment. Work may include operating a grill, oven, or fryer. Selling coffee, preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks, along with patisserie products. Previous experience in a team environment and various cooking methods preferred.
- Welcomes customers, taking order and introducing products in friendly and welcoming manner.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies for coffee bar.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organisation standards and sanitation regulations.
- Preparing ingredients for shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc.
- Taking orders from wait staff or computerized system.
- Recommending ideas for specials or seasonal dishes.
- Monitoring multiple food orders as new orders arrive.
- Ensuring each guest order has the correct food and sides.
- Storing all food properly.
- Reordering stock and food supplies.
- Carrying out daily stock take and recording.
- Adhering to all training and to notify senior staff of any health and safety issues as they arise.
- To attend meeting/training sessions as required.
- To report for duty in appropriate uniform and adhering to food hygiene requirements.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as espresso, espresso lungo, caffe latte, and cappuccino.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; reporting faulty or malfunctioning equipment to Manager.
- Preparing oven, utensils, and grill for shift.
- Setting up, cleaning, and organizing work stations.
- Cooking order according to food health and safety standards.
- Handling multiple food orders at one time.
- Dressing order for presentation to the required standards and specifications.
- Delivering food order to wait staff in a timely manner.
- Sanitising and cleaning work stations and utensils.
- Assisting other cooks in preparing food or helping other team members when needed.
- Taking and recording fridge temperatures at prescribed times.
- Ensure that they present an appropriate image to customers, upholding and promoting all Students’ Union policies.
- To carry out any other reasonable request made by Management.
- To respect the democratic structure of the Students’ Union at all times, and maintain a professional persona at work and on social media as an ambassador of TSDSU.
- To ensure the delivery of a positive image of the Students’ Union, both internally and externally by displaying high standards of professionalism, politeness, conduct and service.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- A understanding of good customer service practice.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience of working to set processes and procedures
- An understanding of basic health and safety and food hygiene arrangements.
- Commitment to appropriate training and development.
- Commitment to the values and ethos of the Students’ Union.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities.
- Successfully completed Food Hygiene Level 1 and 2 within the past two years.
- Ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh, or a willingness to learn to the required level.
- Previous relevant experience in a similar catering operation.
- An understanding of the wider role of the Students’ Union.
Please note this Job Description is not an exhaustive list; it does not form any part of contract of employment and is subject to annual review.
Download this job description