Part-time (20 hours a week); Fixed-term contract through to 18th December 2020.
This role is expected to work primarily on the Lampeter campus, with occasional travel to other UWTSD Group sites as required.
Business & Finance Manager
Lampeter Casual Bar Staff
Hours of work
20 hours a week, with specific hours of work agreed with the Business & Finance Manager on a monthly basis, to be split between office based and bar supervision.
£25,000 (full-time equivalent)
How To Apply
Download and complete our application form and email it to email@example.com
Deadline is the 25th November 2019
Download Application Form
Download Job Description
Main Purpose of Post
The Lampeter Venue Manager will act as the designated licensee (Designated Premises Supervisor) and bar manager for the TSDSU Lampeter Bar and Nightclub and will be responsible for overseeing its effective and sustainable operational management. This includes ensuring that the Lampeter bar and nightclub is run in accordance with relevant legislation and in a cost effective manner which exceeds minimum standards for health and safety.
Main Duties: Lampeter Venue Manager
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and licensing conditions (including liquor licence, food safety legislation, environmental health, trading laws and fire regulations), and maintain necessary report logs, audit and cash systems, informing the Business and Finance Manager of any concerns or breeches in a timely manner.
- Ensure the health and safety of Union Staff, members, customers and any approved contractors utilising the services / facilities. Participate fully in the TSDSU Health and Safety sub-committee.
- Oversee the maintenance of bar equipment, ensuring that all equipment is in good working order.
- Recruit, train, supervise and support TSDSU casual venue staff, ensuring that they are appropriately skilled and that the team present an appropriate image to customers and that they provide high levels of customer care and understand and can articulate the values and policies of the Students’ Union.
- Keep accurate records of hours worked for the venue team, furnishing the Business & Finance Manager with completed time sheets on a fortnightly basis for authorisation.
- Achieve the financial targets set out in the operational plan, ensuring that the commercial operation is financially sustainable.
- Manage the bar ordering stock process, ensuring that sufficient stock is available to meet demand whilst minimising wastage. Monitor and administer the Students’ Union’s bank accounts as appropriate.
- Effectively promote and advertise bar services activities and products, completing all required paperwork.
- Supervise the video and amusement machines operated by the bar, referring matters of concern to the Business & Finance Manager, and repair/maintenance issues to the relevant person/organisation.
- Ensure that the bar is secured and alarmed appropriately and that effective control is maintained of relevant stock and assets, and that relevant documentation is maintained accurately and in a timely manner.
- Adhere to the Students’ Union’s financial procedures and cash control mechanisms and supervise and verify deliveries.
- To work behind the bar as required.
- To plan commercial and student-led events for the year in liaison with the campus President and the Business and Finance Manager.
- To work with the Students’ Union’s design team to appropriately market events and services.
- To support, advise and assist elected student officers in the achievement of their aims and objectives.
- To discharge all relevant Health and Safety Responsibilities.
- To adhere to all relevant Students’ Union Policies and Procedures.
- To adhere to all relevant UWTSD Policies and Procedures.
- To be adaptable to change and have an ability to acquire new and relevant skills and knowledge by taking appropriate responsibility for own personal and professional development.
- To represent the Students’ Union at relevant professional networks, events and conferences.
- To support and promote the Students’ Union’s values whilst undertaking duties, demonstrating commitments to equality, bilingualism and democracy.
- To commit to working in a sustainable manner, engaging in the principals of Green Impact and seeking to reduce the SU’s environmental impact by acting as a role model and champion for sustainable working.