Part-Time, fixed-term initially but subject to Summer 2020 review. (0.5 FTE, Fixed-Term to 1st July 2020)
18,000 (0.5 FTE)
This role is primarily based on a single campus, with occasional travel to other UWTSD sites. (Swansea preferred as a base, but can work from Swansea, Lampeter or Carmarthen)
Business & Finance Manager (day-to-day) & Chief Executive (on Governance admin)
How To Apply
Download and complete our application form and email it to email@example.com
Deadline is the 6th December 2019 (11:00)
Main Purpose of Post
The Administrator will be primarily engaged in the organisation and administration of the Students’ Union’s governance, including arranging, liaising with participants, and preparing the paperwork for the Board of Trustees and relevant sub-committees, the Executive Committee and the Managers & Co-ordinators’ meetings.
Regular additional tasks will include: maintaining electronic and hard-copy filing systems; opening, sorting and distributing mail; data entry; managing calendars and organising meetings; providing project specific administrative support; answering and referring calls; maintaining office supplies and sundries; booking travel and facilities; and raising purchase orders.
- Organising Trustee Board and sub-committee meetings, liaising with participants, ensuring that the deadline for papers is known and adhered to, and the timely preparation and circulation of papers.
- Organising Executive Committee and Managers’ & Co-ordinators’ meetings, liaising with participants, ensuring that the deadline for papers is known and adhered to, and the timely preparation and circulation of papers.
- Booking facilities and transport for Students’ Union activities and external conferences and events.
- Assistance with the maintenance and administration of the Union’s fixed asset register.
- Supporting the Business and Finance Manager in the processing of purchase orders and invoices.
- General office administration activities to ensure the smooth running of the Students’ Union.
- To support and assist elected student officers in the achievement of their aims and objectives.
- To discharge all relevant Health and Safety Responsibilities.
- To adhere to all relevant Students’ Union Policies and Procedures.
- To adhere to all relevant UWTSD Policies and Procedures.
- To be adaptable to change and have an ability to acquire new and relevant skills and knowledge by taking appropriate responsibility for own personal and professional development.
- To represent the Students’ Union at relevant professional networks, events and conferences.
- To support and promote the Students’ Union’s values whilst undertaking duties, demonstrating commitments to equality, bilingualism, sustainability and democracy.