0.5FTE, Fixed-Term to 1st July 2020, subject to Summer 2020 review.
18,000 (0.5 FTE)
This role is primarily based across the UWTSD Swansea campuses, with occasional travel to other UWTSD sites.
Student Engagement Assistant (Swansea) (directly) and to the Student Engagement Manager (indirectly) as part of the wider Student Engagement Team.
How To Apply
Download and complete our application form and email it to email@example.com
Deadline is the 6th December 2019 (11:00)
Main Purpose of Post
The Students’ Union Ambassador is a generalist position, working across the UWTSD campuses in Swansea to engage and involve students in all types of union activity. The post holder will work closely with the Student Engagement Assistant and sabbatical officers, assisting with their projects, campaigns and initiatives and helping to generate student involvement in campus based activities and events. This includes the promotion of volunteering, engaging students in student voice work, and encouraging students to participate in clubs and societies.
The Students’ Union Ambassador will run SU activity out-and-about across the Swansea campuses and will help the Student Engagement Assistant to create, maintain and develop relationships with SU Part-time Officers, Clubs and Societies committee members, and course reps.
- Work with the Student Engagement Assistant to run SU engagement activities across the different UWTSD campus locations in Swansea.
- Promote involvement in the Students’ Union, generating participation in student voice work and student activities.
- Encourage students to share their opinions, ideas and feedback using Students’ Union tools and mechanisms.
- Support elected course reps and student clubs and societies committee members and help them be more effective in their roles and feel part of the students’ union.
- Assist in the training and development of student representatives, clubs and society committee members, and part-time officers.
- Assist in the promotion of Students’ Union democracy.
- Run regular student-facing campaign and engagement activity around campus.
- Act as a first point of contact for student requiring student support or academic representation, referring appropriately.
- Work flexibly around student hours and availability. This is likely to include occasional evening and/or weekend work.
- To support, advise and assist elected student officers in the achievement of their aims and objectives.
- To discharge all relevant Health and Safety Responsibilities.
- To adhere to all relevant Students’ Union Policies and Procedures.
- To adhere to all relevant UWTSD Policies and Procedures.
- To be adaptable to change and have an ability to acquire new and relevant skills and knowledge by taking appropriate responsibility for own personal and professional development.
- To represent the Students’ Union at relevant professional networks, events and conferences.
- To support and promote the Students’ Union’s values whilst undertaking duties, demonstrating commitments to equality, bilingualism, sustainability and democracy.