Before your group can achieve bronze, silver or gold status you must have completed the following ‘working towards accreditation’ criteria:
- Group approved by the Students’ Union executive committee.
- Group constitution written and submitted to us.
- List of current committee members submitted to us.
- Your group listed on this website.
- Access to Students’ Union minibuses.(Link to Minibus hire page)
- Social media promotion.
To achieve bronze status your group must meet the following criteria:
- Group constitution approved.
- Attend club and society training.
- Complete a basic risk assessment with the Students’ Union.
- Committee members sign up to the club behaviour pledge.
- Run a stall at a Fresher’s Fair.
- Send at least two members to first aid training.
- Keep regular meeting details and committee list up to date and post events, trips and fixtures on this website.
- Regularly submit team sheets to email@example.com(If applicable)
- Hold an AGM and submit minutes to us.
- Hold committee elections in line with SU guidance.
- Access funding to support group development
- Access a small annual grant
- Transport and fixtures arranged on request
This is the minimum tier for BUCS clubs. To achieve silver status your group must meet the following criteria:
- If a BUCS club, organise additional fixtures to enable more people to play games.
- Run at least two club fundraising initiatives in an academic year.
- Host a ‘Give it a Go’ activity during refreshers.
- Enter a team for Challenge Cup if possible.
- Draft a basic budget for the year, mapping out projected income and expenditure.
- Provide an up-to-date list of equipment, including relative value and expected replacement date.
- Investigate coaching courses and apply to the Students’ Union for match funding (50-50) for at least one second year club member to attend a coaching course.
- Supply regular match reports for the SU website.
- Complete a club sustainability audit and identify two areas of improvement.
Eligible for BUCS entry
Transport funding considered.
Priority booking for facilities.
To achieve Gold status your group must meet the following criteria:
- Increase participation (sign-ups & those regularly training or playing)
- Created a three-year development plan and set SMART targets for improvement.
- Organise two fundraising activities on behalf of external charities.
- Committee handover documentcreated and shared with new committee and SU.
- Works with the SU to run mental health, first aid and bystander training for group members.
- At least five club members attend two SU volunteering activities/events.
- Participates with SU Green Impact activity.
- Helps to promote the Big SU election.
- Can illustrate improved sustainability performance in at least one area.
- Priority given for and kit and equipment funding.
- Access to coach funding.